Creating and optimizing the experience of a space — helping people feel at peace and enabling them to intuitively navigate through the design — is vital to a project’s success. BWBR’s human-centered approach to design seeks to balance the physical and emotional wellbeing of occupants with that of the community and the planet as we bring each space to life.
Our interior designers are fully integrated into the design process, from concepting and visioning to space planning and construction. The team specializes in truly listening to and holistically understanding client needs. Our designers work collaboratively, without siloes, to solve design challenges and create exceptional spaces that are creative, functional, context-appropriate, and beautiful.
Within the context of your project, our designers can provide guidance on the following:
- Conceptualization, project goal setting, and predesign
- Programming and strategic space planning
- Data collection, benchmarking, documentation, and conceptualization to inform project decisions and maximize space utilization
- Project management and contract administration
- Facilities management (knowledge management, documentation, and budgeting/funding management support)
- Sustainability, performance design, and the AIA Framework for Design Excellence
- Inclusivity, equity, and accessibility
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Ergonomics and anthropometrics
- Flexibility, adaptability, and durability of materials and finishes
- Relevant design trends and aesthetic considerations
- Soft architecture (movable and impermanent internal structures)
- Biophilic design
- Bird safety
- And more
Our talented, creative, and experienced designers will immerse themselves in your brand, your purpose, and your needs, partnering with you to create a space that surpasses all expectations.
Securian Financial has a long history of collaboration with BWBR, including the design of the 400 Robert Street tower in...01
City of Austin and YMCA
Implementing the vision to improve its citizens’ quality of life, the City of Austin, Minn., hired design-build team BWBR and McGough...02
Unitypoint Health - Meriter
UnityPoint Health – Meriter’s Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (CAP) program is a regional center of excellence in mental health that serves 34...03
The new HealthPartners Neuroscience Center is the largest freestanding neuroscience facility in the Upper Midwest, combining laboratories for clinical research and trials...04
Fargo Public Schools
Fargo Public Schools completed an addition to Lewis & Clark Elementary that serves students who benefit from the specialized programs in...05
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
The new Sesquicentennial Hall is an instructional and research lab building that replaces most of the engineering functions in the existing Ottensman...06
May 21, 2019
Women have choices when it comes to their childbirth experience – they are dictating where to receive service and how....
March 21, 2023
Interior design dramatically affects mood, productivity, and even health. It also has a major impact on things like sustainability and inclusivity.
March 8, 2023
BWBR seeks to bring an equity lens to every project we take on as part of the ongoing work of pursuing inclusivity in our organization and our communities.
November 9, 2021
From accessibility to gender inclusivity, design is about more than who can enter a space – it also sends a strong message about who is warmly invited to enter a space, just as they are.
October 12, 2020
SAINT PAUL, Minn. – The renewal of two benefactor recognition displays on Mayo Clinic’s Rochester, Minn., campus immerses visitors in...