Equity at BWBR
BWBR is committed to understanding and addressing the equity and social justice issues impacting our country, our communities, and our organization.
We strive to integrate equitable and inclusive practices for our employees, and this starts with developing a culture of curiosity and empathy. This work includes extensive staff training (on gender equity, racial equity, and social justice); a dedicated task force; regular Equity Cafes and Equity Book Club meetings, offering equity scholarships, and integrating an equity lens into our business-as-usual operations and processes.
Our commitment to equity at all levels of the firm means we are working to:
- Ensure every voice is valued, respected, and heard.
- Ensure everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
- Enhance the diversity of voices in leadership throughout all levels of the firm.
- Address systemic inequities within our policies, procedures, and practices.
- Consider equity in our design process so design solutions meet the needs of all users.
- Ensure a workspace that is both psychologically and physically safe for all.
We strive to be a supportive, welcoming, and representative environment where everyone feels heard and valued and are working deliberately to explore the role of planning, architecture, and design in the context of inclusiveness and equity for all people.