Fritz Rohkohl
Director
1955-1994

Hired part-time by Jim Hirsch while still a student at the University of Minnesota, Rohkohl joined the firm full-time in 1955 and quickly carved his niche for a service-oriented, business approach to architecture. Fritz excelled at marketing and managing many building types, including projects such as Inver Hills Community College and Sister Kinney Institute, the latter laying the foundation for BWBR’s healthcare expertise. In 1974, Fritz added the ‘R’ to the firm’s name. He was named president in 1980.