William M. Ingemann
At the age of 25, Bill Ingemann opened his architectural practice in 1922 in the Endicott Building in Saint Paul. A trained architect and prolific business man, he brought in much of the business that kept the firm working through boom times and the Great Depression. Together with his wife Dorothy Brink Ingemann — a pioneer in her own right as one of Minnesota’s first female architects and graduate of the University of Minnesota architecture school — they built a practice known for exploring the wide gamut of period architecture in the 1920s and 30s. In 1941, Bill hired Milton Bergstedt – forming Ingemann and Bergstedt in the post World War II years that would provide the foundation for BWBR in the 1950s.