James V. Hirsch
Wisconsin native and Purple Heart recipient Jim Hirsch came to his association with Milt Bergstedt in 1948 after serving in World War II and graduating from the University of Minnesota. Considered to be one of the top designers at the time in the School of Architecture, he had a talent for designing in small details, and resulting buildings were as efficient as his techniques. In 1951, he and Milt formed Bergstedt and Hirsch, built on a strong belief in the art and science of architecture as well as the business of the profession. While Hirsch left the firm to return to Wisconsin in 1962, his friendships continued, and upon retiring in 1980, he sold his Hudson-based firm to BWBR.